Visit the Tower of London with The London Pass
Tower of London
London Pass Benefits:
Entry without further payment at the Tower of London
Normal Ticket Price: Adult: £22.50 Child: £10.50
Show your Pass at this attraction to get Fast Track Entry!*
*Please note: delays for security checks may apply
See the world-famous Crown Jewels and meet the Beefeaters on a tour of the highlights at the Tower of London
The Tower of London is one of the world’s most famous fortresses and has seen service as royal palace, prison, armoury and even a zoo. The ancient stones hold within them dark secrets, as fortified vaults shine with priceless jewels and historic uniformed Beefeaters stroll the grounds. Situated in Central London, just a stone’s throw from the River Thames, the Tower of London is one of the city's premier attractions.
Please note: 4 - 5 October the Tower of London will close at 15:00, last admission will be at 14:00
- Rich history dating from the Norman Conquest
- It has undergone amazing restoration over the centuries, including damage from the Blitz
- Used by Royals through the years as a refuge and powerbase
- The Tower is still home to her Majesty's Crown Jewels, on display for visitors to see
- The Beefeaters are tasked with the job of guarding the jewels, as well as acting as tour guides for the attraction
Did you know:
- There are 12 acres of land within the walls
- It was initially resented by the people of London when it was built, as it stood as a symbol of oppression by the new ruling forces
- It has been used as an armoury, a menagerie, a treasury and a prison
- The term ‘sent to the Tower’ was coined during the 16th and 17th century when those who had fallen into disgrace were sent there
- The prisoners entered through the water gate, called ‘Traitor’s Gate’
- The White Tower is a fortified tower, called a keep and houses the crypt of St John’s Chapel
- The Tower is said to be haunted by the ghost of Anne Boleyn walking the chapel of St Peter and Vincula
The White Tower
One of the most famous keeps in the world, this Tower is so renowned that it was referred to by Shakespeare in many of his plays. It contains the impressive Royal Armouries collections and even an 11th century Romanesque chapel. You can take daily tours of the White Tower at 10:45, 12:45 and 14:15.
The Royal Mint
Explore the Coins & Kings exhibition which depicts the story of the Mint at the Tower between 1279 and 1812. Learn about what life was like on Mint Street through outdoor installations and interactive displays, even fun facts about Isaac Newton and his thief catching skills.
Take a walk through history and learn about some of the most important symbols of our culture and monarchy. Try and count the 23,578 gems that make up the Crown Jewels and marvel at the stories of how the collection was nearly destroyed through history. You can even see the crown Elizabeth II wore to her coronation!
For 600 years the Tower was kept as a menagerie of wild and exotic animals; gifts that the King and Queen were donated by their visitors and admirers. Everything from ostriches to elephants, lions and polar bears were kept in the confines of the Brick Tower.
If the six resident ravens ever leave the court, legend has it that the court and the tower will fall. The ravens who inhabit the Tower are named and are replaced if they are badly behaved! Currently the Tower has seven ravens, in case one goes missing, and they are looked after by the Raven Master. A word of warning: don’t approach the ravens as they’re known to eat 170g of raw meat a day, as well as blood-soaked bird biscuits!
Yeoman Warder Tours
Yeomen, aka Beefeaters, were so called because centuries ago as part of the Royal Bodyguard they were allowed to eat as much beef as they wanted from the king’s table. Nowadays, the Yeomen Warders qualify for the privilege after serving in the armed forces for 22 years.
Tours are included in the price of an entry ticket, and depart every 30 minutes (last tour 15.30 in summer, 14.30 in winter). Tours last approximately 60 minutes and start near the main entrance.
If you’ve got small kids, don’t worry! There’s no need to keep them entertained the hard way, the Tower of London provides family fun trails and interactive touchscreens at the exhibitions to keep even the little ones happy!
Please note: your London Pass allows you to fast track the ticket queues, however you will still need to wait in line to pass through security checks. Entry to Tower of London is now back to using the Middle Tower entrance and not the Middle Drawbridge entrance.
How to get there:
- Tower Hill underground (district and circle lines)
- Tower Gateway (DLR)
- Tower Hill underground (district and circle lines)
- London Fenchurch Street (national rail network)
- Tower of London is situated in zone 1 of the London Transport Network so your travel will be included in your package if you opt for The London Pass with Oyster Travelcard
Make the most of your London Pass:
- Tower of London tickets normally cost £22.50
- 10% discount in the all Gift shops
- You’ll notice this attraction is close to London Tower Bridge – if you visit the Tower of London and Tower Bridge Exhibition with a London Pass, it will save you over £30!
Full List Of Attractions Included
"One Card that'll take you everywhere!I found the London pass extremely useful. It takes you everywhere, and with the tube-pass as well, that's all you need in London. No searching in you pocket for cash, just flash the card and you're in. I will get one for my next visit surely!"
Per from Norway
|1st March to 31st October|
|Monday||10.00 - 17.30|
|Tuesday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Wednesday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Thursday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Friday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Saturday||09.00 - 17.30|
|Sunday||10.00 - 17.30|
|Last Admission: 17.00|
|1st November to 28th February|
|Monday||10.00 - 16.30|
|Tuesday||09.00 - 16.30|
|Wednesday||09.00 - 16.30|
|Thursday||09.00 - 16.30|
|Friday||09.00 - 16.30|
|Saturday||09.00 - 16.30|
|Sunday||10.00 - 16.30|
|Last Admission: 16.00|
Closed: 24th to 26th December, 1st January
Loading Map - Please wait...
Tower Hill, London EC3
0844 482 7777