Enjoy unique views across London from the Thames and see the riverside sights of Big Ben, Tower Bridge, the Shard and HMS Belfast
A Thames river cruise is without doubt one of the best ways to see London, meandering through the heart of the city and past so many of its most famous attractions. See and experience the sights and splendour of this great city from the relaxed comfort of City Cruises modern, all-weather boats with open upper decks and spacious lower saloons with panoramic windows.
- 24 hour ticket
- Tour durations: options from 30 minutes, to 3 hours
- Four locations to hop-on and hop-off:
- London Eye
- Tower Bridge
Please note: All piers have now been re-opened
Float alongside some of the oldest and most impressive buildings London has to offer, such as:
- Houses of Parliament
- Westminster Abbey
- Big Ben
- The London Eye
- The Tower of London
- Tower Bridge
- Shakespeare’s Globe
- Tate Modern
- Cutty Sark
- Canary Wharf
- HMS Belfast battle-cruiser
- Millennium Footbridge
Did you know:
- The Thames River is the longest river in London; it stretches to 215 miles long
- You’ll often find rowers and kayakers using the river to practice their water sports
- The name is derived from the Latin Tamesis referring to ‘dark’ and was called the Temese in Middle English
- The River Thames contains over 80 islands
- In the early 1600s the Thames River froze over and a series of tents and amusements were set up over the water – including bowling on ice!
Where to hop-on and hop-off:
If you’re after some of London’s most historic landmarks, Westminster Pier is a good option to explore the Houses of Parliament, Tate Britain, Churchill Museum, Westminster Abbey, Cabinet War Rooms, Buckingham Palace and Big Ben. It’s a short walk from the River Thames into the hustle and bustle of Central London, into Soho, Leicester Square and Covent Garden.
Set along London’s famous Southbank area, you can immerse yourself in the “cultural heart” of the city. Stroll along the famous esplanade, past street performers and pop-up eateries to the more edifying landmarks such as The British Film Institute, National Theatre, Queen Elizabeth Hall and Royal Festival Hall. Further along the river, you can find Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and the Tate Modern.
The river cruise’s most popular stop, it allows you to explore the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, two of London’s most famous landmarks. With close links to the financial city and historic centre of London, you have the Monument, HMS Belfast, the Great Fire memorial by Christopher Wren and the Design Museum all within easy reach.
Slightly removed from the busy Central London, this pier is popular for experiencing the expanse of palatial grounds and Greenwich Park, as well as the independent shops the area has to offer. The newly refurbished Cutty Sark is open to explore and learn about its nautical past. Not far is the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich Market as well as the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
Find out more about Thames City Cruises in our Interview with a Captain on the London Pass Blog.
How to get there:
- Westminster underground (district, circle and jubilee lines)
- Waterloo underground (bakerloo, jubilee, northern, waterloo and city lines, plus national rail network)
- Tower Hill underground (district and circle lines)
- Cutty Sark underground (DLR)
- Your travel will be included in your package if you opt for The London Pass with Oyster Travelcard option
Make the most of your London Pass:
- Free 24 hour River Red Rover hop-on, hop-off cruise ticket worth over £18
- Fast track and free entry to many other attractions along the river Thames
Full List Of Attractions Included
Best deal in London -
I have used the London Pass my last two trips and it has been wonderful. Especially if you add the Tube option, a great way to see sights you may not have if purchased separately. Would recommend it to anyone.
Sherry Waddell from USA
|Boats run frequently and daily|
Loading Map - Please wait...
Boats depart from Westminster Pier, London Eye Pier, Tower Hill Pier and Greenwich Pier
020 77 400 400