Closures & Notices
LONDON PASS EXCEPTIONAL CLOSURES IN MARCH & APRIL
Please find below a list of exceptional closures and opening time changes at London attractions. This information is correct at the time of issue and is subject to change at short notice, at the discretion of the attraction. If there is an attraction you particularly want to visit, we advise contacting them in advance to double check the opening hours. You can find telephone numbers in your guidebook and on our website.
LATEST TRANSPORT NEWS
Often, over the weekends, engineering works take place on London’s transport system. To ensure that these works do not impact on your travel plans be sure to check live travel information before you set out, visit www.tfl.gov.uk for more information.
LATEST ATTRACTION CLOSURE INFORMATION
Please note that adverse weather conditions can impact on some tours and cruises. Particularly susceptible to bad weather closures are the Thames River cruises and walking tours. If the forecast is poor, check before you travel!
All Hallows by the Tower
Please note - as this is a working church, access may be limited during Easter
October - 31 March 2017: Closed
Re-opens 1 April
Wednesday - Sunday: 11.00 - 17.00 (last admission 30 minutes before closing), Closed Monday & Tuesday
17 April: 11.00 - 17.00
Arsenal FC Stadium Tours
- 2, 5, 26 April: Shorter version Match day tours
- 16 April: Guided tours only (English), Museum will open until 17.30 (last entry 17.15). Tours will start from media entrance next to the armoury store.
- 21 March: last ticket at 14.45 - building closes at 15.30
- 22 March: last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
- 23 March: last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
- 29 March: last ticket at 14.00 - building closes at 14.30
- 22 April: last ticket at 12.15 - building closes at 13.00
- 26 April: last ticket at 15.15 - building closes at 16.00
- 27 April: last ticket at 15.15 building closes at 16.00
Banqueting House is guaranteed to open from 10.00 - 13.00 Monday to Sunday, but often closes in the afternoon at short notice for functions and events. Before visiting, to ensure that the Banqueting House will be open, please call 020 3166 6155 / 6154 / 6152
The Cartoon Museum
Closed on Mondays, except 3, 10 & 17 April
Sunday Opening Hours: 10:30 - 17:30
Charles Dickens Museum
Closed on Mondays
16 April: Opens at 13.00
Chelsea FC Stadium Tour
- 1, 5, 22, 23 April: Closed
- 6, 7, 21, 22, 23, 28 May: Closed
- 24, 25 May: first tour departs at 13.40
- 30 May: No access to home/away dressing rooms from 13.00
- 31 May: Home dressing room closed from 13.00
Chelsea Physic Garden
31 Oct - March 2017: Gardens will be closed to public for the winter
Re-opening on 2 April
April - September: Sunday - Friday 10.00 - 18.00 (last admission 30 minutes before closing)
The Estorick Collection
16 April: Closed
The Foundling Museum
25 March: Museum will close early at 15.30
Golden Tours Hop On Hop Off Bus
The following events may affect road traffic and thus have a knock on effect on the Golden Tours Hop-on, Hop-off bus service. Please be aware of the possible delays when planning your usage of the sightseeing bus
- Please note: Stop 67, Lancaster Terrace is no longer in use. Passengers for the Yellow Route should use Stop 55, Langaster Gate and passengers using the Orange Rouse should use Stop 17, Park Lane or Stop 68, Praed Street.
- Until 30 April: Cannon Street - Road works westbound between Queen Street and Dowgate Hill will be closed. No changes to routes or stops but traffic delays expected in the City area
- 24 -26 March 2017 – Bulleid Way closed - Coach Tour departures, Harry Potter departures and Hop-on Hop-off Blue Route will depart from alternative terminals. Coach tours will depart from stops 6 to 9, Buckingham Palace Road, (in front of Colonnades). Harry Potter departures will take place from stop 10, Buckingham Palace Road, (in front of Colonnades). Hop-on Hop-off Blue Route will arrive and depart from Buckingham Palace Road, coach stop 11, outside Belgrave House, old Google building, almost opposite stop 35, The colonnades stop 8 will not be served.
- 25 March – Unite for Europe March- Parliament Square Gardens - Delays and diversions possible.
- 25 to 26 March – Road closure Heavy Lift - King William Street southbound closed - All routes on diversion.
- 31 March – SEA Demonstration plus counter demos - Whitehall - Delays and diversions possible.
- 2 April – RAF Parade and Service - Lincolns Inn Field to Strand - Delays and diversions possible.
- 14 April – Passion of Jesus - Trafalgar Square - Delays possible in area.
- 14 April – Good Friday Annual Procession - Victoria Street - Delays possible in area.
- 15 and 16 April – Romanian Easter Event - Fleet Street - Delays possible in area.
- 22 April – Wreath Laying- Whitehall - Diversion during ceremony. Stop 3 will not be served during ceremony.
- 22 April – Feast of St George - Trafalgar Square - Delays possible in area during ceremony.
- 23 April – London Marathon - Major event – Diversions and stop closures all day.
- 24 April to 5 May – Parliament Square – Road Works – Phase 1A - Parliament Square - Delays possible in area
The Guards Museum
23 April: Closed
3 June: Closed
10 June: Closed
17 June: Closed
The Guildhall Art Gallery
1 April: Closed from 12.00
6 April: Closed
Hampton Court Palace
20 - 23 March: The Cumberland Art Gallery will be closed to enable the next artwork rotation to take place
Until 31 March: The Mantegna Gallery will be closed for conservation and representation work
Please note: the Tennis Courts and Magic Garden are only open during Summer months. The Magic Garden will reopen on 1 April
Handel & Hendrix in London
25 March 2017: Closed
28 March 2017: Open 11.00 - 18.00
23 - 26 March: Closed for maintenance
The IMAX at the Science Museum
Please check listings in advance
9 - 10 May: Closed
23 May: Closed from 10.00 - 14.00
14 June: Closed
April - September: Monday - Sunday 10.00 - 18.00 (last admission 30 minutes before closing)
Victoria Revealed will be closed from 27 February - June 2017
4, 20, 27 April: The Orangery & Gardens wil close at 16.00
22 April: The Orangery & Gardens will close at 14.00
The Pavilion Restaurant, Waterlily House & Kew Palace: Closed for Winter
The Temperate House and the Evolution House: Closed until 2018 for major restoration
London Bicycle Tour
1 April - 31 October: extra departure at 11.00 for the Classic London Bicycle Tour in English
The London Museum of Water and Steam
No steam trains during weekends
National Theatre Backstage Tours
20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 March: No Tours/ Sold Out
1, 2, 9, 13, 16, 23 April: Closed/ Sold Out
14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26 April: Not yet announced
15, 18, 19, 21, 25: Limited availability
The Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret
18 March - July 2017: The Museum will temporarily close for refurbishment
The Queen's Gallery
14 April: Closed
18 April - 18 May: Closed
Queen’s Ice and Bowl
Now fully re-opened. Skating session times have changed:
11.00 - 13.30
14.00 - 16.00
16.30 - 18.30*
19.00 - 22.00 (23.00 on Fri & Sat)
* Not on Tuesday & Thursday
From 3 October: the Battle of Britain & Sunderland Halls will be closed
Royal Albert Hall
15, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 April: Closed
1 April - 31 October: 10.00 - 17.15 (last admission 16.15)
14 April: Closed
3, 10, 17 June: Closed
Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Tour
Opening hours: Mon - Sun: Exhibition 09.00 - 17.00
1, 6 - 26, 28, 30 April: Tour every 30 minutes 09.30 - 16.30
2 April: Tour every 30 minutes 09.30 - 14.30
3, 27, 29 April: Tour every 30 minutes 09.30 - 12.00
4 - 5 April: Tour every 30 minutes 09.30 - 13.00
Tower of London
30 March: Tower will open at 10.00 to allow staff training to take place
Twickenham Stadium Tours
Closed Mondays/ Sundays after Match Days & Easter Sunday
World Rugby Museum will be closed from 1 March until further notice to allow for relocation within the grounds
Closed on these dates:
28 - 30 March
7 - 10, 21 - 24, 28 April - 1 May
Please note – during times when no paid exhibition is showing (next guidebook period will be 13th March – 26th May 2017), visitors will instead receive a free V&A guidebook* instead. *Not available during exhibition periods.
1 April - 30 September: Monday - Sunday 10.00 - 18.00 (last admission 30 minutes before closing)
Wembley Stadium Tours
Closed on these dates:
25, 26 March
1, 2, 8, 20 - 23, 28 - 30 April
1 - 3 May
The Wernher Collection at Ranger's House
Entry is by Guided Tour only.
Tour Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 11:00 and 14:00 (Closed other days). Tours last about 1.5 hours. Booking is recommended, especially on Sundays (there is a maximum of 25 per tour); please call the Eltham Palace contact number on 0208 294 2548.
Closed Easter Sunday (16th April) and Easter Monday (17th April).
During busy periods it may be necessary to arrive at the Abbey well in advance of the advertised closing time, as there may be queues. If the queue is legnthy, visitors will be advised at least 15 minutes prior to closing as to the likelihood of entry.
- 11 April: 09.30 - 13.00
- 14 April: Closed
- 25 April: 14.00 - 15.30
5 April: State Apartments closed
14 April: Closed
16 April: Opens at 13.00
23 April: Last admission 12.00
25 April: Last admission 13.00, State apartments closed
19 June: Closed
The Toy Store is no longer in operation so the discount is unfortunately unavailable