Check our FAQs below – they will answer about 95% of your questions
If you didn't find the answer in the FAQs, please feel free to send an email to our helpful customer service team. We'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
The following FAQs may answer your question:
If you still have a question, click below to send your message to us.
- What are the main benefits of The London Pass?
The London Pass gives you free entry to over 60 of the best tourist attractions in London, plus a free hop on hop off bus tour, as well as other benefits like Fast Track Entry at selected busy attractions - a major plus when it comes to London crowds.
If you opt for the London Pass with Oyster Travelcard, you can travel for free on all London underground and bus services.
Each London Pass comes with a free guidebook which saves you precious time by allowing you to plan your days in advance, and because the London Pass is prepaid you don't have to carry cash around or worry about currency exchange while you're out sightseeing.
The London Pass also entitles you to a range of great freebies and discounts at restaurants, shops and entertainment options around the city.
- Can I skip the lines?
Yes, at selected attractions marked in your guidebook and detailed here. Take your London Pass to the prepaid ticket desk where the operator will swipe your card in a special reader and you will be shown straight through.
Certain attractions have "timed" ticketing. Please consult your guidebook before you visit the attraction.
- Does The London Pass come with a guidebook?
Yes, the London Pass comes with a handy 160+ page Guidebook packed with information about each attraction, maps and helpful information about the city. It comes in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese.
- Is there any benefit in buying the London Pass now?If you purchase the London Pass now through this site then you get the option to have your order shipped to you before you travel. You can then start using your London Pass as soon as you arrive in the city. This is the only place that a London Pass with Oyster Travelcard can be purchased and shipped to an address of your choice.Each London Pass is valid for 12months from the point of purchase.
- Am I eligible for Mobile Ticket?
The new Mobile London Pass option for your smartphone is available for London Pass orders without travel, and accessible on Android and iOS devices only.
- How much can I save with The London Pass?
The more you see the more you save. But remember, you only need to visit a few attractions before you start saving money. To get an idea of how much you could save, browse our London attractions section and see how much each sight would normally cost you to visit. You can visit all of these attractions for free with The London Pass.
- Which London Pass offers the most/best savings?
The longer the pass duration, the better value for money. The 10 day London Pass is our most money saving, working out at just over £15 a day! That’s cheaper than entry to London Bridge Experience, London Zoo and the Tower of London!
- How can I find out how much value I have left on my London Pass?If you wish to confirm the outstanding value on your London Pass then you should call our customer service team on 020 7293 0972 or +44 (0)20 7293 0972.
- Does the pass include all of London's attractions?The London Pass features over 60 top attractions including Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Windsor Castle, Kensington Palace, ZSL London Zoo and a Thames River Cruise and Hop on Hop off Bus Tour of London. Check out our complete list of top London attractions you can visit for free with a London Pass.
- Where can I use The London Pass? Which attractions are included?There are over 60 attractions included on The London Pass including Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Thames River Cruise, Kensington Palace and many more. Check out the complete list of London attractions included.
- What are the normal costs of the attractions?The entry costs for all attractions vary and may be over £20.00 for an adult ticket. To see how much you could save on normal entry costs, browse our London attractions section and check out each attraction you would like to visit for their latest gate price.
- Are the attractions accessible all year round?
The majority of attractions included on The London Pass are open all year round with just a few days of closure, usually around Christmas.
To see the opening hours and dates for each attraction, browse our London attractions section or refer to your London Pass Guidebook.
- How do I find out an attractions opening times and closing times?
The opening times and dates of all London Pass attractions can be found on each individual attraction page on website. They are also detailed in the London Pass Guidebook received with every order. For information on the go, download the London Pass App to get all the attraction information at your fingertips.
- Can I visit the same attraction twice with my London Pass?You can only visit each attraction included on the London Pass once. Repeat entry is not allowed.
- How many times can I use the Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour?
The London Pass entitles you to a free 1 day Hop on Hop off Bus Tour ticket included with The London Pass can be used once. You must collect your ticket before boarding from one of four collection desks:
- 11a Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0EP
- Golden Tours Visitor Centre: 4, Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham, Palace Road, London, SW1W 9SH
- Golden Tours Visitor Centre: 156 Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4EF
- Golden Tours Visitor Centre: 145 Praed Street, London, W2 1RL
Please note: Your 1 day bus tour ticket is valid for use on the day you collect it. Collecting the ticket will also activate your London Pass.
- Can children visit attractions on their own?
When visiting attractions, children must be accompanied by an adult or may be refused admission.
- How much does a London Pass cost?
The cost of a London Pass varies depending on the duration, pass type and whether you opt to include an Oyster Travelcard. For full details of the latest prices then check out the Prices page.
Note: the longer the duration, the better value the pass.
- If I order online how do I receive The London Pass?
When you order the London Pass through the official website here, there is the option to either have the order shipped to an address of your choosing or you can pick up your passes at our central London collection desk. Alternatively you can send the order to your Smartphone for Mobile London Pass tickets which you will receive instantly upon purchase.
- Can I buy The London Pass when I am in London?
Yes, we have a number of retail partners in London that sell The London Pass, including one which is situated upstairs from our Redemption Desk, located at 11a Charing Cross Road. You can also purchase the pass online in London and collect in that day, or have the pass sent to your Smartphone with our Mobile London Pass option.
Note: The London Pass only (without Oyster Travelcard) is available at retailers in London; you can purchase The London Pass with Travel package at the Redemption Centre or online.
- Where can I buy The London Pass in London?The London Pass can be purchased at most major railway and Underground stations including:- Heathrow (TFL Information Centre and British Hotel Reservation Centre)- Gatwick (British Hotel Reservation Centre)- Victoria (TFL Information Centre)- Liverpool St (TFL Information Centre)- Euston (TFL Information Centre)- Piccadilly Circus (TFL Information Centre and HotelWorld)- Paddington (British Hotel Reservation Centre)- King’s Cross St Pancras (TFL Information Centre)- Earls Court, Tower Hill and many more...Note: The London Pass with Oyster Travelcard is not available from retailers in London, only The London Pass on its own.
- Can I buy The London Pass at the Airport?You can buy the London Pass (without the transport element) at the British Hotels Reservation Centres at Heathrow , Stansted and Gatwick airports; the Transport for London Information Centre at Heathrow; or the Hotel and Travel Reservation desks at Gatwick South, Luton and Stansted.
- How do you define a child?
Children are aged between 5 and 15 years. Children under 5 years are free.
Note: Children under the age of 11 who are accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket can travel for free on the London Underground.
- Do you offer discounts for groups, students or senior citizens?
Unfortunately not. The London Pass has been specially created to help visitors save both time and money through the use of product. Learn more about the savings you can make with the London Pass here.
Please Note: groups of more than 10 may not be allowed access at some attractions included on The London Pass.
- Can I buy The London Pass for a group?
We don't have any restrictions when purchasing through the website, however, the London Pass is not designed for large groups of travellers.
Please Note: Groups of more than 10 may be refused entry at some attractions. We advise if you are in a group of over 10 that you contact each attraction in advance.
- How do I use an offer code or discount code?
If you have an offer code you can enter this on the checkout page after you have chosen you product(s).
Note: Offer codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.
- Why haven't I received my email confirmation?
Your email confirmation should normally arrive in your inbox a few minutes after completing a transaction/purchase. If you haven't received an email confirmation then we recommend you check your spam filter or junk folder.
If you still cannot locate an email then please send a request through to our customer service team confirming your email address and order reference number.
- What happens if I want to collect an order which is not in my name, or if I paid with a different card and the cardholder won't be present?
You will need the order confirmation email with the unique order ID number and the original credit card (if one was used) when you pick up your pass(es). If the cardholder will not be present, please bring a copy of their ID if the order is under a different name. You may not be able to collect your pass(es) without these documents.
- Can I buy a London Pass as a gift for someone else? Are they named with the card holder's name?
The London Passes are not printed with any names. This means that they make the perfect gift.
All London Passes are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, so you can gift them the cards for use at a later date and they will only become activated at first use at an attraction.
- How do I get a Mobile London Pass?
If you have an iOS or Android device and would like to purchase a London Pass without Travel then you can select free Smartphone Delivery at the checkout. We will then send you your order confirmation with links to download our free London Pass App where you can download your London Pass. You can then save your pass(es) to your Passbook/Wallet and access it via the App. You will not need data connection to use your Mobile London Pass.
Please note: downloading your Mobile London Pass on the App will not activate it.
- How does the Oyster Travelcard work when you have The London Pass + Travel?
The Oyster Card is an electronic travelcard designed to facilitate journeys across London on the extensive transport network. The Oyster Card will come pre-charged with a credit value respective to your London Pass duration, and can be used at any time of day, any day of the week.
Your Oyster Card can be used on the public buses, the underground network as well as overground trains and the DLR. The Oyster Card will never expire so it makes a great investment if you plan on coming to London in the future.
To find out more about Oyster Travelcard, click here.
- When and where can I use the Oyster Card?
The Oyster Card can be used across all buses, tubes, overground trains and the DLR. It can be used any time and any day the public transport networks are running. To find out more about opening times of the London transport network, visit the Transport for London website.
You can use your Oyster Card without activating your London Pass - as your pass will only become activated at first use at an attraction.
- Is the transport limited to certain hours of the day?
Oyster Cards can be used any time of day, any day of the week the network is running, normally from approximately 05:30am until approximately 12:30am, depending on the service.
Please check the Transport for London website for more information about times and line closures before you travel.
- Can I use The London Pass from the airport?
If you have your order shipped to you before you travel and you fly into Heathrow Airport then you can use your Oyster Travelcard on the London Underground to travel into central London. The Oyster Travelcard would also cover use on the DLR trains from London City Airport as well. Using your Oyster Card to travel into Central London from Gatwick will incur a higher charge (up to £19.80 one-way on the Gatwick Express, for example) so we would advise against using it from this airport.
The Travelcard doesn’t cover transport to and from Luton Airport and Stansted Airports.
- Can I buy the London Pass with Travel anywhere?The London Pass with Travel can only be purchased online in advance.
- How do I get to Windsor Castle?
Travel to and from Windsor is included with the London Pass and the London Pass + Travel package.
Show your London Pass to the ticket controller when boarding the train at Paddington (for a train to Slough, and change for Windsor & Eton Central) and you can travel for free. Full details can be found in your London Pass Guidebook or on the Windsor Castle attraction page. The journey should take around 30 minutes.
Note: do NOT use your Oyster Card to get through the barrier as it might charge you.
- Will the Oyster Card activate my London Pass?The London Pass will only become activated after first use at an attraction. So you can start using your Oyster Card independently of the London Pass and continue to use your Oyster Card after your London Pass has expired if you are staying in the city longer.
- How do you define a Child London Pass (+ Travel)?
Children under 11 years of age can travel for free on London Transport with an Adult holding a valid Oyster Card. Children between 11 – 15 with a 1, 2, 3 and 6 day London Pass + Travel package will receive a Paper Travelcard.
- What is the £3 admin fee on the Oyster Travelcard package?
The £3 admin charge is a fee added on by Transport for London to cover the cost of producing the Oyster Cards. This is a non-refundable fee that is unavoidably added to every Oyster Travelcard order.
It does mean that the card is yours forever as you do not have to return the card after use, or throw it away. Providing the Oyster Card has credit, it can be used at a later date as the card never expires.
- If my child (under 11) doesn't need a travelcard or Oyster Card, how will they get through the barriers?
Children under 11 can travel on the London Transport network for free, accompanied by an adult holding a valid Oyster Card. Please go to the wider gates at the side where a member of staff can let you through without a ticket.
- How does The London Pass work?
The London Pass is simple and easy to use, check out the Guidebook, app or website to choose where you wish to visit. Show the London Pass card at the entrance or ticket office of any attraction included, they will scan the card and give you entrance at no further cost. Show your card and head straight inside - it's as easy as that!
The London Pass is valid for a calendar day and is subject to a "purse value" - check out How It Works for further information.
- Are the 2 day, 3 day, 6 day and 10 day passes for consecutive days?
Yes, all London Passes are to be used on consecutive days - NOT 24 hours. For example, if you have a 3 day London Pass and start using it on a Tuesday, it will be valid for that day, Wednesday and Thursday.
Note: If you start using you London Pass in the evening or late in the day that will count as your first day.
- What happens if I change the date of my trip to London?
Your London Pass (as well as your email confirmation voucher if you planned to collect your order in London) is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- What is the "Purse Value"?
Each London Pass is subject to a purse value based on the duration of the Pass.
The purse value is a maximum amount you're able to use based on the standard gate price for each attraction. For example; with a 6 day Adult London Pass (Price: £129) you can visit attractions up to the total gate entry cost of £565!
Here is a breakdown of the purse value for each Adult London Pass:
1 Day: £ 115.00
2 Day: £ 205.00
3 Day: £ 295.00
6 Day: £ 565.00
10 Day: £ 875.00
- What happens if my plans change and I can’t/don’t use The London Pass?
If you have bought your passes online and your plans change so you can’t use your London Pass(es) you are entitled to a free 30 day Money Back Guarantee from date of purchase. To find out more about the Money Back Guarantee scheme, click here. Terms and conditions apply.
Additionally, you can opt into our Extended Money Back Guarantee in the Checkout process for a fee of 2.5% which covers a 12 month period. Terms and conditions apply.
To find out more about the Money Back Guarantee scheme, click here.
- Can I claim a refund?Both our standard 30 Day and Extended Money Back Guarantee options are subject to you contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and sending the unused products back to us in the post. Full details can be found in our terms and conditions. To find out more, click here.
- Who is The London Pass for?
EVERYONE! The London Pass has something for everyone including families, couples, children, adults, first time visitors, repeat visitors, long haul visitors, short stay visitors, independent travellers, international visitors as well as UK and local residents.
The London Pass is for anyone who wants to visit some of the most popular and best attractions in London whilst saving both time and money.
- Does The London Pass include any night time activities?
- Who is behind The London Pass?
The London Pass is owned and managed by sightseeing and tourism experts The Leisure Pass Group.
The Leisure Pass Group have successful products throughout Europe including The Paris Pass and Berlin Pass. They are proud members of a number of recognised industry organisations including:
- Visit London (now London & Partners)
- Visit Britain
- European Tour Operates Association
- Europen City Marketing
- Uk Inbound
The London Pass has won several industry awards which you can learn more about, here.
- Is it possible to extend or change the dates of my London Pass?
The London Pass is activated the first time you use it. All orders made online here are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, as is the email confirmation for collections.
- Do you work with travel agents?Please visit our trade page for further information about selling the London Pass as a travel agent and full contact details.
- How do I contact the London Pass by telephone?
From within the UK call us on 020 7293 0972
For international calls the please use +44 (0) 20 7293 0972
Our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee gives you the right to cancel your order for The London Pass and any Oyster Travelcard purchased with it within 30 days of completing of your online order. Note: this does not affect your statutory rights.
To cancel, you must contact us by email (email@example.com) within 30 days of ordering online.
If you cancel your order, you must return The London Pass and any Oyster Travelcard purchased with it to Leisure Pass Returns, PO BOX 25, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1ZG, UK within 30 days.
You are responsible for the cost of returning The London Pass and any Travelcards purchased with it.
Orders for Buckingham Palace tickets are non-refundable and are not covered by the Money Back Guarantee.
You do not have the right to cancel your order for The London Pass or any Travelcard purchased with it within the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee if you have activated the London Pass or otherwise started using The London Pass and / or any Oyster Travelcard.
Our Extended Money Back Guarantee (if taken for a 2.5% fee) gives you the right to cancel your order within 12 months of purchasing online. You must contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 12 months and return your order to us – address details above. You do not have the right to cancel your order for The London Pass or any Travelcard purchased with it if you have activated the London Pass or otherwise started using The London Pass and / or any Oyster Travelcard. All refunds will be minus the 2.5% fee.
Opening times will fluctuate from time to time and users of information on this web site are recommended to check with the Attraction concerned prior to visiting it to ascertain the current position.
Whilst the publishers will make reasonable endeavours to maintain the consistency of the product line-up, participating attractions may be withdrawn from the product at any time, and replaced with attractions of an equivalent value. The publishers will not be responsible for any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience connected with changes in the product line-up.
Opinions expressed on this web site are no more than fair comment of the authors and are not the opinions of the Publishers.
The London Pass entitles the holder to admission to Attractions upon presentation of the Pass without further payment together with other offers and discounts where appropriate. Admission is subject to the Pass being valid and to there being sufficient value remaining. All Attractions and services listed are contractually bound with the Publishers to accept admission without further payment, subject to their normal admission criteria. The Publisher will use all reasonable endeavours to facilitate admission or other genuine discounts in accordance with the terms of The London Pass by holders to Attractions, however, the Publishers shall not be responsible, or liable for and loss damage, expense, or inconvenience, if any Attraction, contrary to the terms of its contract with them, unlawfully and with no good cause, refuses admission or other genuine offers and discounts in accordance with the terms of the London Pass.
All and any complaints or claims for redress must be made directly to the Attraction concerned.
The Publishers have taken all reasonable care to ensure that only properly run and reputable Attractions of good standing are within The London Pass scheme, however the Publishers shall not be liable for any deficiencies of service, quality of merchandise or health and safety at any particular attraction.
Whilst the Publishers will have used all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on this web site is accurate, they shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage or other inconvenience caused, in whole or part, by reliance upon such information and the user of the information does so at his own risk.
The London Pass may only be used by the card's signatory on consecutive days only. It is non-refundable, outside of the 30 day Money Back Guarantee or Extended Money Back Guarantee terms. No replacements or refunds can be offered for lost or stolen cards. The London Pass is not valid for return visits to any attraction.
Please note your London Pass is valid for 12 months following date of purchase.
Holders of The London Pass recognise and accept that they visit any Attraction voluntarily and entirely at their own risk.
The Publishers are not in any way responsible for the conditions of the attractions or venues or third party acts or omissions at any Attraction, venue or service.
The Leisure Pass Group Limited, 75 Wells Street, London W1T 3QH, United Kingdom
© Copyright 2013 The Leisure Pass Group Limited.
All copyrights in this publication belong to the Publishers, The Leisure Pass Group Limited, 75 Wells Street, London W1T 3QH, United Kingdom. No reproductions of any part of this web site may be made unless authorised by the Publishers in writing.
If you wish to confirm the outstanding value of your London Pass you may call +44 20 7293 0972 and we will tell you the value as at 6am on the day that you call.
The Publishers reserve all property rights under statute and common law including the rights in the name "The London Pass".
Registered Company Name: Leisure Pass Group Limited | Company Number: 3497724
Place of Registration: England & Wales | Registered Office Address: 75 Wells Street, London W1T 3QH, United Kingdom
Yes, it is completely safe to buy the London Pass online. Your credit or debit card information is secure at all times and there is really no need to be nervous about buying the London Pass on the internet.
The Leisure Pass Group takes security very seriously and use state of the art and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. SSL or 'secure mode' means that all of your details are encrypted to help keep them secure.
Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on our site, so your card and personal details cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet.
As soon as you access the "details" page of our purchase process, i.e. before you enter any personal or payment details, your browser will go into secure mode.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for a locked padlock or a key icon at the bottom or top of your screen.
Within the purchase process we also ask for your card billing address as an additional security check.
London Pass payments are processed by a trusted third party payment processing company - SAGE Pay - who encrypt all credit or debit card information and authorise payments directly.
Neither SAGE Pay nor the Leisure Pass Group retain your credit card details after purchase. This is why you need to enter your card details each time you order.
We recommend that you always close down your Internet browser when you have finished shopping online, especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary internet cookies from any sites that you may have visited.