Check our FAQs below – they will answer about 95% of your questions
If you didn't find the answer in the FAQs, please feel free to send an email to our helpful customer service team. We'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
The following FAQs may answer your question:
If you still have a question, click below to send your message to us.
- What are the main benefits of The London Pass?
The London Pass gives you free entry to over 60 of the best tourist attractions in London, plus at many tourist attractions it allows you to skip the queues - a major plus when it comes to London crowds.
If you opt for the London Pass with travel, you can travel for free on all London underground and bus services.
Each London Pass comes with a free guidebook which saves you precious time by allowing you to plan your days in advance, and because the London Pass is prepaid you don't have to carry cash around or worry about currency exchange while you're out sightseeing.
The London Pass also entitles you to a range of great freebies and discounts at restaurants, shops and entertainment options around the city.
- Can I skip the lines?
Yes, at selected attractions marked in your guidebook and detailed here. Take your London Pass to the prepaid ticket desk where the operator will swipe your card in a special reader and you will be shown straight through.
Certain attractions have "timed" ticketing. Please consult your guidebook before you visit the attraction.
- Does The London Pass come with a guidebook?
Yes, the London Pass comes with a handy 160+ page Guidebook packed with information about each attraction, maps and helpful information about the city. It comes in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese.
- Is there any benefit in buying the London Pass now?If you purchase the London Pass now through this site then you get the option to have your order shipped to you before you travel. You can then start using your London Pass as soon as you arrive in the city. This is the only place that a London Pass with Travel can be purchased and shipped to an address of your choice.Each London Pass is valid for 12months from the point of purchase.
- How much can I save with The London Pass?
The more you see the more you save. But remember, you only need to visit a few attractions before you start saving money. To get an idea of how much you could save, browse our London attractions section and see how much each sight would normally cost you to visit. You can visit all of these attractions for free with The London Pass.
You can also check out a list of popular attractions here to see how much you would save with a London Pass.
- Which London Pass offers the most/best savings?
The 6 day London Pass offers the best value for money at just £18 per day. However, it is quite easy to save with all London Passes as attractions in London often cost over £20 to enter. Find out more here.
- How can I find out how much value I have left on my London Pass?If you wish to confirm the outstanding value on your London Pass then you should call our customer service team on 020 7293 0972 or +44 (0)20 7293 0972.
- Does the pass include all of London's attractions?The London Pass features over 60 top attractions including Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Windsor Castle, Kensington Palace, ZSL London Zoo and a Thames River Cruise. Check out our complete list of top London attractions you can visit for free with a London Pass.
- Where can I use The London Pass? Which attractions are included?There are over 60 attractions included on The London Pass including Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Thames River Cruise, Kensington Palace and many more. Check out the complete list of London attractions included.
- What are the normal costs of the attractions?The entry costs for all attractions vary and may be over £20.00 for an adult ticket. To see how much you could save on normal entry costs, browse our London attractions section and check out each attraction you would like to visit for their latest gate price.
- Are the attractions accessible all year round?
The majority of attractions included on The London Pass are open all year round with just a few days of closure, usually around Christmas.
To see the opening hours and dates for each attraction, browse our London attractions section or refer to your London Pass Guidebook.
- How do I find out an attractions opening times and closing times?The opening times and dates of all London Pass attractions can be found on each individual attraction page on website. Opening times are also detailed in the London Pass Guidebook received with every order.
- Can I visit the same attraction twice with my London Pass?You can only visit each attraction included on the London Pass once. Repeat entry is not allowed.
- How much does a London Pass cost?
The cost of a London Pass varies depending on the duration, pass type and whether you opt to include travel. For full details of the latest prices then check out the Prices page.
Note: the longer the duration, the better value the pass.
- If I order online how do I receive The London Pass?When you order the London Pass through the official website here, there is the option to either have the order shipped to an address of your choosing or you can pick up your passes at our central London collection desk. Check out of Shipping and Collection information for costs and estimated delivery times.
- Can I buy The London Pass when I am in London?
Yes, we have a number of retail partners in London that sell The London Pass, including our Redemption Centre on 11a Charing Cross Road.
Note: The London Pass only (without Travel) is available at retailers in London; you can purchase The London Pass with Travel package at the Redemption Centre or online.
- Where can I buy The London Pass in London?The London Pass can be purchased at most major railway and Underground stations including:- Heathrow (TFL Information Centre and British Hotel Reservation Centre)- Gatwick (British Hotel Reservation Centre)- Stansted (British Hotel Reservation Centre)- Victoria (TFL Information Centre)- Liverpool St (TFL Information Centre)- Euston (TFL Information Centre)- Piccadilly Circus (TFL Information Centre and HotelWorld)- Paddington (British Hotel Reservation Centre)- King’s Cross St Pancras (TFL Information Centre)- Earls Court, Tower Hill and many more...Note: The London Pass with Travel is not available from retailers in London, only The London Pass on it's own.
- Can I buy The London Pass at the Airport?You can buy the London Pass (without the transport element) at the British Hotels Reservation Centres at Heathrow , Stansted and Gatwick airports; the Transport for London Information Centre at Heathrow; or the Hotel and Travel Reservation desks at Gatwick South, Luton and Stansted.
- How do you define a child?
Children are aged between 5 and 15 years. Children under 5 years are free.
Note: Children under the age of 11 who are accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket can travel for free on the London Underground.
- How much would a standard daily Travelcard cost?A 1 day Adult Travelcard covering Zones 1-6 would cost around £8.50 per day but is only available after 9.30am from Monday to Friday and all day at the weekends.
- Do you offer discounts for groups, students or senior citizens?
Unfortunately not. The London Pass has been specially created to help visitors save both time and money through the use of product. Learn more about the savings you can make with the London Pass here.
Please Note: groups of more than 10 may not be allowed access at some attractions included on The London Pass.
- Can I buy The London Pass for a group?
We don't have any restrictions when purchasing through the website, however, the London Pass is not designed for large groups of travellers.
Please Note: Groups of more than 10 may be refused entry at some attractions. We advise if you are in a group of over 10 that you contact each attraction in advance.
- How do I use an offer code or discount code?
If you have an offer code you can enter this on the checkout page after you have chosen you product(s).
Note: Offer codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.
- Why haven't I received my email confirmation?
Your email confirmation should normally arrive in your inbox a few minutes after completing a transaction/purchase. If you haven't received an email confirmation then we recommend you check your spam filter or junk folder.
If you still cannot locate an email then please send a request through to our customer service team confirming your email address and order reference number.
- How does the travelcard work when you have The London Pass with Travel?
The Travelcard is date stamped for the dates you wish to use it. You can select your choosen start dates during the checkout process, if you're collecting your order in London then you can request a preferred start date at the point of collection.
It can be used on the public red buses, the underground network as well as overground and national trains covering Zones 1-6. It covers your travel needs to reach every attraction included on The London Pass. Learn more about the validity of the Travelcard here.
- How far does the travelcard take me? How far do Zones 1-6 cover?
The Travelcard included in a London Pass with Travel covers public transport in London from Zones 1-6 only. There are special arrangements for London Pass customers travelling to Windsor Castle, see their page for full details on this.
The Travelcard covers travel to every attraction included on The London Pass but doesn't take you to destinations outside of London such as Bath, Manchester, Stratford.
- Is the transport limited to certain hours of the day?
Travelcards are valid from 9.30am until the last tube or bus from Monday to Friday, from Saturday to Sunday and during public holidays Travelcards are valid from the first tube or bus (approx 05:30am) until the last (approx 12:30am) .
Note: The 6 day London Pass with Travel includes a Peak Travelcard which covers travel on the tube network before 09:30am from Monday to Friday.
- Can I use The London Pass from the airport?
If you have your order shipped to you before you travel with start dates for your date of arrival, and your flight arrives at Heathrow airport then you can use the Piccadilly line on the London Underground to travel into central London. The Travelcard would also cover use on the DLR trains from London City Airport as well.
However, the Travelcard doesn’t cover any transport to and from any other airport including Gatwick Airport, Luton Airport and Stansted Airport. Also, the Travelcard does not cover Heathrow Express trains or any other transfer service, only public transport run by TFL (Transport For London).
Note: If your flight lands before 09:30am on Monday to Friday then there may be restrictions on the Travelcard, if you have a 1, 2 or 3 day option.
- Can I buy the London Pass with Travel anywhere?The London Pass with Travel can only be purchased online in advance.
- Do I need to carry a photocard with me when using the London Pass Travelcard?No. Customers were previously required to carry a photocard with them, but this is no longer the case. Some Travelcards still have a message printed on them saying you must have a photocard but you should disregard this – photographs are not required in any instance.
- Do children travel free on London public transport?Children under the age of 11 can use the London Underground for free when accompanied by adult with valid Travelcard.
- How do I get to Windsor Castle?
Full details can be found in your London Pass Guidebook or on the Windsor Castle attraction page.
Simply board a train at Paddington Station for Slough, show your valid Travelcard to the conductor. Then at Slough, change and board a train for Windsor & Eton Central, showing the coductor your London Pass card to cover this part of the journey.
The journey should take around 30 minutes.
- How does The London Pass work?
The London Pass is simple and easy to use, check out the Guidebook, app or website to choose where you wish to visit. Show the London Pass card at the entrance or ticket office of any attraction included, they will scan the card and give you entrance at no further cost. Show your card and head straight inside - it's as easy as that!
The London Pass is valid for a calendar day and is subject to a "purse value" - check out How It Works for further information.
- Are the 2 day, 3 day and 6 day passes for consecutive days?
Yes, all London Passes are to be used on consecutive days. For example, if you have a 3 day London Pass and start using it on a Tuesday, it will be valid for that day, Wednesday and Thursday.
Note: If you start using you London Pass in the evening or late in the day that will count as your first day.
- What happens if I change the date of my trip to London?
Your London Pass (as well as your email confirmation voucher if you planned to collect your order in London) is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Your Travelcard will be valid for dates stamped on it, you can choose your date during the checkout process or request a particular date when you collect your Passes in London.
- What is the "Purse Value"?
Each London Pass is subject to a purse value based on the duration of the Pass.
The purse value is a maximum amount you're able to use based on the standard gate price for each attraction. For example; with a 6 day Adult London Pass (Price: £108) you can visit attractions up to the total gate entry cost of £540!
Here is a breakdown of the purse value for each Adult London Pass:
1 day - £90
2 day - £180
3 day - £270
6 day - £540
- Who is The London Pass for?
EVERYONE! The London Pass has something for everyone including families, couples, children, adults, first time visitors, repeat visitors, long haul visitors, short stay visitors, independent travellers, international visitors as well as UK and local residents.
The London Pass is for anyone who wants to visit some of the most popular and best attractions in London whilst saving both time and money.
- Does The London Pass include any night time activities?
- Who is behind The London Pass?
The London Pass is owned and managed by sightseeing and tourism experts The Leisure Pass Group.
The Leisure Pass Group have successful products throughout Europe including The Paris Pass and Berlin Pass. They are proud members of a number of recognised industry organisations including:
- Visit London (now London & Partners)
- Visit Britain
- European Tour Operates Association
- Europen City Marketing
- Uk Inbound
The London Pass has won several industry awards which you can learn more about, here.
- Is it possible to extend or change the dates of my London Pass?
The London Pass is activated the first time you use it. All orders made online here are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, as is the email confirmation for collections.
The Travelcard is valid from the date stamped on it. With orders that are shipped the Travelcards will be stamped with the dates selected/nominated in the checkout.
Orders for collection in London, you can ask for a specfic date to be stamped on the Travelcards at the point of collection, regardless of the date you selected in checkout.
- Do you work with travel agents?Please visit our trade page for further information about selling the London Pass as a travel agent and full contact details.
- How do I contact the London Pass by telephone?
From within the UK call us on 020 7293 0972
For international calls the please use +44 (0) 20 7293 0972
Transport for London is no longer producing Visitor Travelcards. All Travelcards purchased with a 1 day, 2 day or 3 day London Pass are now valid after 9.30am on the starting date Monday - Friday, and incur no restrictions on Saturdays, Sundays, or public holidays. The 7 day Travelcard that comes with a 6 day London Pass provides unlimited travel.
You have the right to cancel your order for The London Pass and any Travelcard purchased with it within 14 working days starting from the day after completion of your online order (“Cancellation Period”).
To cancel, you must contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the Cancellation Period.
If you cancel your order within the Cancellation Period you must return The London Pass and any Travelcard purchased with it to Leisure Pass Returns, PO BOX 25, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1ZG, UK within 30 days.
You are responsible for the cost of returning The London Pass and any Travelcards purchased with it.
Orders for Buckingham Palace tickets are non-refundable unless the Money Back Guarantee was purchased.
You do not have the right to cancel your order for The London Pass or any Travelcard purchased with it within the cancellation period if you have activated the London Pass or otherwise started using The London Pass and / or any Travelcard.
Opening times will fluctuate from time to time and users of information on this web site are recommended to check with the Attraction concerned prior to visiting it to ascertain the current position.
Whilst the publishers will make reasonable endeavours to maintain the consistency of the product line-up, participating attractions may be withdrawn from the product at any time, and replaced with attractions of an equivalent value. The publishers will not be responsible for any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience connected with changes in the product line-up.
Opinions expressed on this web site are no more than fair comment of the authors and are not the opinions of the Publishers.
The London Pass entitles the holder to admission to Attractions upon presentation of the Pass without further payment together with other offers and discounts where appropriate. Admission is subject to the Pass being valid and to there being sufficient value remaining. All Attractions and services listed are contractually bound with the Publishers to accept admission without further payment, subject to their normal admission criteria. The Publisher will use all reasonable endeavours to facilitate admission or other genuine discounts in accordance with the terms of The London Pass by holders to Attractions, however, the Publishers shall not be responsible, or liable for and loss damage, expense, or inconvenience, if any Attraction, contrary to the terms of its contract with them, unlawfully and with no good cause, refuses admission or other genuine offers and discounts in accordance with the terms of the London Pass.
All and any complaints or claims for redress must be made directly to the Attraction concerned.
The Publishers have taken all reasonable care to ensure that only properly run and reputable Attractions of good standing are within The London Pass scheme, however the Publishers shall not be liable for any deficiencies of service, quality of merchandise or health and safety at any particular attraction.
Whilst the Publishers will have used all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on this web site is accurate, they shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage or other inconvenience caused, in whole or part, by reliance upon such information and the user of the information does so at his own risk.
The London Pass may only be used by the card's signatory on consecutive days only. It is non-refundable, unless the Money Back Guarantee was purchased. No replacements or refunds can be offered for lost or stolen cards. The London Pass is not valid for return visits to any attraction.
Please note your London Pass is valid for 12 months following date of purchase.
Holders of The London Pass recognise and accept that they visit any Attraction voluntarily and entirely at their own risk.
The Publishers are not in any way responsible for the conditions of the attractions or venues or third party acts or omissions at any Attraction, venue or service.
The Leisure Pass Group Limited, 75 Wells Street, London W1T 3QH, United Kingdom
© Copyright 2013 The Leisure Pass Group Limited.
All copyrights in this publication belong to the Publishers, The Leisure Pass Group Limited, 75 Wells Street, London W1T 3QH, United Kingdom. No reproductions of any part of this web site may be made unless authorised by the Publishers in writing.
If you wish to confirm the outstanding value of your London Pass you may call +44 20 7293 0972 and we will tell you the value as at 6am on the day that you call.
The Publishers reserve all property rights under statute and common law including the rights in the name "The London Pass".
Registered Company Name: Leisure Pass Group Limited | Company Number: 3497724
Place of Registration: England & Wales | Registered Office Address: 75 Wells Street, London W1T 3QH, United Kingdom
Yes, it is completely safe to buy the London Pass online. Your credit or debit card information is secure at all times and there is really no need to be nervous about buying the London Pass on the internet.
The Leisure Pass Group takes security very seriously and use state of the art and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. SSL or 'secure mode' means that all of your details are encrypted to help keep them secure.
Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on our site, so your card and personal details cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet.
As soon as you access the "details" page of our purchase process, i.e. before you enter any personal or payment details, your browser will go into secure mode.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for a locked padlock or a key icon at the bottom or top of your screen.
Within the purchase process we also ask for your card billing address as an additional security check.
London Pass payments are processed by a trusted third party payment processing company - SAGE Pay - who encrypt all credit or debit card information and authorise payments directly.
Neither SAGE Pay nor the Leisure Pass Group retain your credit card details after purchase. This is why you need to enter your card details each time you order.
We recommend that you always close down your Internet browser when you have finished shopping online, especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary internet cookies from any sites that you may have visited.